Monday, December 6, 2010

Stuck between a Rock and well Another Rock!

Let me start by saying I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!
With that said, Christmas is not being so nice to me this year and it is still 2 weeks away. I knew that the budget was not going to allow much this year but I did not factor in everything detail. Wow, it sure does cost people tons of money at Christmas time. You buy for kids, family and sometimes friends. Think about it...
Example:
Children average 3=let's say 200-300 dollars depending on the age of child
Mom
Dad
Sister
Nephews let's say 3
Nieces let's say 3
Mom in law
Spouse/significant other
Other misc family
If you average $10 a person add it up
You could be looking at like 800-1000 dollars out of a budget that (i don't know about you)is already tight with everyday things now.
Christmas is has become all about the money and what you can get with it. Now don't get me wrong I love giving and I always have. I love seeing someone happy and say it's exactly what they wanted or needed. Nice feeling.....but should that be what you think about at Christmas time, Really?! Makes me wish that Christmas stayed true to what it really means instead of getting so commercialized. Christmas means we celebrate the Birth of our Lord Jesus who went on the DIE for us. I mean come on really wouldn't you rather celebrate that then Celebrate the local toy companys. I am all for the people that work there making a living but there are enough birthdays for them all to make plenty. I want a new tradition....Just sayin'


A big Shout out to My Father in Heaven for allowing me to live today in his glorious light, being my biggest ROCK that I can rely on and to have the means to complain online...Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment